Saturday, April 2, 2011

State of the Planet

"A palo verde tree nearby, moss-green. Some Insect-eating bird with wing feathers the color Of a morning Sky perched on a limb of the tree. That blue, that green, the completely fierce Alertness of the Bird that can't know the amazement Of its being there, a human mind that somewhat does, Regarding a black outcrop of rock in the desert Near a sea, charcoal-black and dense, wave-worn, And all one thing: there's no life in it at all."
I decided to paint this part of the poem, because it really stuck out to me. I looked up what a palo verde tree was and tried to image that. The bird is on the branch just over the desert sand with the charcoal colored rocks. There is a sea next to it and above is the morning sky. This is a beautiful part of the poem so i tried my best to depict this. I hope i did it justice

No comments:

Post a Comment