Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chronicles of Narnia

This will be my last post for this class. I just finished this book The voyage of the Dawn treader. I now understand literature in a sense that i did not before. I came to a realization that my life as a christian is a spiritual journey. I have heard this said so many times, but when i was reading this last chapter, literally 5 minutes ago, tears came down my face as i felt this peace come over me. It was the strangest thing. My life is a spiritual journey. I do not know how long it will take me to arrive to my destination, or the struggles that i have to face to get there, but i do know that i have an amazing bridge builder to help me get there. I understand that this is a growing process, in which i strive to become a better, more mature, spirit filled christian. In this story, Asland never left them alone to despair, but he was with them in the time of need. Christ is the lamb and the lion and he is with us when we need Him. He builds the bridge for us to get to our destination. In this story, Asland is filled with grace and compassion but also authority and respect. Jesus is the same way to me. I fear Him, i respect Him. But i have this love for him that i can not explain. He is my everything and i truly mean that. He has saved me, brought me from my deepest despair, and by his grace he is still with me. I stumble and i fall sometimes. Sometimes my ship gets off-course, however he is always there to guide me back on the right path. In my deep dark places, he sends the bird to comfort me and to give me peace. My life is no longer just a set of rules that i need to follow to be a good christian, but my life has a goal now. I am running a race to reach my destination. It is an adventure, a journey in which i am always maturing and becoming who Christ intended me to be. Christ is my guide for this journey. The amazing thing is that this journey almost never ends. I can always go to higher or deeper places. My walk with God is something new now. It is not a boring set of rules, but a journey. i am excited to see where God's path leads me. This journey will not be easy, but i keep picturing that beautiful scene from the end of this book where they reach the end of the journey. they made it to their goal. I remember feeling that this was so rewarding for them. They made it         through all of the trials and hard times. The spiritual journey is the same. Wow. the funny part is that i realized this through literature at three in the morning! I was not expecting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment